- 4 new build terraced houses in Wandsworth, comprising of 4bed,
3 bath, WC & open plan living/dining area with private gardens.
- Superstructure installation totalling 10 days, with minimal disruption to residents.
- Construction Programme -11months.
- Superstructure Subcontractor.•Achieved Code for Sustainable Homes Level 3.
- Air Permeability Rating: 2.0
- Dwelling Emission Rate (DER): 14.84
- CO2 Emissions: 1.15 (tons/year)
- SAP Rating (1-100): 88
- Environmental Impact Rating (1-100): 87
- Ext Wall U-Value: 0.17(W/m2k)
- Floor U-Value: 0.12(W/m2k)
- Roof U-Value: 0.13(W/m2k)
This project was designed to utilize the a site previously occupied by dilapidated garages. The scheme maximized the sites potential by excavating below ground to incorporate a basement structure. The proposed brief was to utilize an off-site manufactured solution to install a timber frame superstructure quickly to minimize the construction program and the impact on the surrounding community. The timber frame superstructure was manufactured over a period of 3 months and running concurrently alongside the groundworks element on site. As the substructure was formed, the individual units were delivered to site using a flat bed delivery vehicle an installed by a mobile crane. Each individual unit was installed in approximately 3days, allowing a very quick lead into to internal fit out. Traditional method of fit out is then implemented to a high level of finish and running over a period of approximately 10weeks per unit.
The building had previously been designed as a traditional masonry structure of brick & block. Following clients request this was redesigned to a complete timber structure using entirely FSC supplied products. The main components were primarily constructed as a ‘flat pack’ kit of parts and erected in a five day period on site. Modular components were delivered on a short bed rigid delivery vehicle and installed by a 20t mobile crane during which time health & safety and traffic management were carried out to high standard. Within 10 working days the superstructure was water tight and internal fit-out could commence.