- 4 new build terraced houses in Lewisham, comprising of 2no 4bed & 1no 3bed with open plan living/dining area with private gardens.
- Superstructure installation totalling 10 days, with minimal disruption to residents
- Construction Programme – 11months. D&B Contract with BM Developments
- 10 year Full Building Warranty, provided by Buildzone.
- High Specification: Integrated Siemens Appliances, Quartz Worktops, Contemporary Matt Finish Kitchen Cabinets, Reclaimed Oak Flooring, 100% Wool Carpets, Duravit Sanitaryware, Hansgrohe Brassware, Bespoke Joinery to Bedrooms & Bathrooms, Solar Panels & Underfloor Heating.
- Air Permeability Rating: 3.0
- Dwelling Emission Rate (DER): 12.25
- CO2 Emissions: 1.34 (tons/year)
- SAP Rating (1-100): 89
- Environmental Impact Rating (1-100):89
- Ext Wall U-Value: 0.17(W/m2k)
- Floor U-Value: 0.12(W/m2k)
- Roof U-Value: 0.13(W/m2k)
- Windows & Doors: 1.6(W/m2k)
The client requirements were to design and construct a timber frame system to satisfy previous planning approval for a bespoke, high quality dwellings to replace a dilapidated social club in Mitcham. The proposed brief was to utilize an off-site manufactured solution to install a timber frame superstructure quickly to minimize the construction program and the impact on the surrounding community. The timber frame superstructure was manufactured over a period of 5 months and running concurrently alongside the demolition of the existing structure and the groundworks element on site. As the substructure was formed, the individual units were delivered to site using a flat bed delivery vehicle an installed by a mobile crane. Each individual unit was installed in approximately 2days, allowing a very quick lead into to internal fit out. Traditional method of fit out is then implemented to a high level of finish and running over a period of approximately 10weeks per unit. The project is to be completed early and within budget.
The building had previously been designed as an in situ poured concrete frame, however, this was redesigned to a complete timber structure using entirely FSC supplied products. The main components were primarily constructed as a ‘flat pack’ kit of parts and erected in a five day period on site. Modular components were delivered on a short bed rigid delivery vehicle and installed by a 20t mobile crane during which time health & safety and traffic management were carried out to high standard. Within 10 working days the superstructure was water tight and internal fit-out could commence.